After No Scalpel Vasectomy
1. Patient can go home and rest after vasectomy. Some degree of discomfort or pain after your vasectomy may be felt, but it is unlikely to be in terrible pain.
2. Bruising and/or swelling is not uncommon and settles in a few days.
3. Wearing snug underwear that doesn’t let testicles move too much and restricts movement, is recommended for comfort.
4. Taking prescribed or over-the-counter pain medication, as recommended will ensure minimal discomfort.
5. Icing the genitals can help ease pain and swelling.
6. It is advised to not do any heavy physical work or exercise for a week after vasectomy.
How long will it take me to recover after No Scalpel Vasectomy?
Most people only need to rest for a few days after their vasectomy. If your job is physically demanding, you may need to have to take about a week off from work.
How soon after No Scalpel Vasectomy is having sex recommended ?
Usually, sex can be commenced again after a few days to a week after a vasectomy. If having sex is uncomfortable, wait a few more days. Just remember that the vasectomy WILL NOT prevent pregnancy right away. It takes about 3-4 months after vasectomy for the semen to be sperm-free, as semen are stored above the vas deferens in semen sacs. The sperms in the semen sacs are viable for 3-4 months. The semen sample will be tested after 12-16 weeks. When the sperm are confirmed to be absent in the semen, the vasectomy is working as birth control.
Until confirmation that there are no sperm in the semen, condoms or another form of birth control should be exercised.